Trailer Servicing and Repairs
The NTTA (National Trailer & Towing Association) recommends the following servicing intervals for trailers:-
- Every 3000 miles / Three months for commercial or industrial trailers with intensive usage, either by mileage towed or type of application and including boat trailers that are immersed in water.
- Every 6000 miles / Annually for caravans and leisure trailers.
- Every Six months for commercial/industrial trailers – based on ‘average’ use.
Trailer servicing is as important as servicing a car. Your trailer could be carrying heavy objects that can cause serious damage or injury when traveling at speed. If your trailer was to fail in some way, you will be held responsible and could face prosecution.
Big Bear Outdoor Trailer Servicing and Repairs
We offer servicing and repairs from our Oundle Marina premises. Our engineer is trained by the NTTA and is fully insured. We service and repair all makes and models of trailers including Anssems, Bateson, Brendeup, Brian James, Cheval Liberte, Debon, Ifor Williams and Woodford. Recent repairs have included a simple full brake rebuild on a car trailer, through to a full rebuild of a horse trailer, including two new sides, a new aluminum floor and a new rear ramp.
Trailer Service Prices –
- Single Axle Unbraked £45 (+ Parts + Fitting)
- Single Axle Braked £70 (+ Parts + Fitting)
- Double Axle Braked £90 (+ Parts + Fitting)
Additional Hourly Rate £45 (+ Parts)
The service includes a safety inspection, lubrication of moving parts and brakes cleaned and adjusted.
Additional parts and labour charged extra, but prices will be quoted pre any additional work is commenced
Please contact us with any queries or to make a service booking.